Getting started with Accuro
Welcome to Accuro. You should have read the first few sections of the Welcome Pack. Please continue here by completing steps 1, 2 and 3 and then fill out the form below to download Accuro Express.
The first step is to “set your defaults” – this will ensure that all dictations play in your transcription kit – and not in Groove Music/Windows Music Player.
Firstly, download the test files here:
1. Download the test files above, and unzip them in to your Downloads folder.
2. Right click on one of the test files, left click Open With and then left click Choose another.
3. A popup will open, asking you how you want to open this file. Left click on More apps.
4. This will expand the selection. Ensure that you have the tickbox ticked entitled Always use this app to open .xxx files (this will say either .dss, .mp3, .ds2, .wav or .wma depending on which one you opened).
5. Click OK.
6. This will then open a new window where you will have to browse the app’s location on your PC.
7. Left click on your (C:) drive (this may not be named Acer).
8. Double click on Program Files (x86).
9. Double click on the folder named OLYMPUS (If using Olympus) or NCH Software (if using Express Scribe – skip to step 10b. if so).
10. Double click on the folder named DSSOle.
11. Double click on Dssole (Under type, it will say Application)
12. This should then open the dictation in a small transcription module and all files of this file type should always open in this application going forwards.
13. Repeat steps 1. to 12. for each of the different files (file types) that you downloaded from the email, deleting them in the process.
If using Express Scribe, follow from 10b. below:
10b. Double click on the folder named Scribe.
11b. Double click on scribe (Under type, it will say Application).
12b. This should then open the dictation in Express Scribe and all files of this file type should always open in this application going forwards.
13b. Repeat steps 1. to 12b. for each of the different files (file types) that you downloaded from the email, deleting them in the process.
Please move on to Step 2: Transcription software settings.
You may need to change some settings to ensure compatibility with Accuro’s software. Please follow the guides below before completing your first dictation task.
Olympus Transcription Software
When in your Olympus Transcription Module, click the Expand button (circled below):
Click on the Settings icon (circled below):
Ensure that Display length instead of remaining time is ticked (circled below):
Your dictation module will now display the amount of time that has elapsed instead of how much time is left.
Express Scribe Transcription Software
When in your Express Scribe Transcription Software, click the Options button and then Playback.
Once your are in the Options menu, click on Display and then ensure that Time elapsed is ticked.
Click Ok and Express Scribe will now display the amount of time that has elapsed instead of how much time is left.
Please move on to Step 3: Your experience
Please download and fill in the experience audit attached. Save this somewhere as you will need it soon.
Please carry on and fill in the required information below, and download Accuro Express.